Friday, July 29, 2011

demo-licious

Yes, we have done some work during this hot month of July. It feels a bit underwhelming after doing big, flashy jobs like framing and roofing...but I sell ourselves short sometimes. We are still trucking along and making progress.

We now have a door...and a knob (I'm embarrassed to say how excited I was to pick out the knob).

And we replaced 4 of the 6 original windows in our house. No more drafty winters!

And we (and by we, I mean not me, but Will, Tim, Guff, B-Carl and Carrie) tore down our front porch roof.

The front of our house is the last of the demolition we have to do. THANK GOD. It's probably also going to be the hardest. Hopefully by the end of August I will have a new front facade to share.

Oh. And we're going on vacation. That's right. VACATION. Beaches and reclining chairs and cable TV and microbreweries and sweet rail to trails. We're taking a much-needed break from our house remodel and celebrating the completion of my Masters in Social Work. It's been 3 years of full-time work and part-time school, with a lot of life peppered along the way. Folks have been asking what I'm going to do now that I'm done...my best guess at this point is watching So You Think You Can Dance on wednesday nights with the gals.

See you when I return...

1 comment:

  1. Hey congrats on finishing Colleen. That is a BIG deal (dare I say bigger than a house remodel??)! We will have to celebrate one of these days. I'm enjoying keeping up with your remodel here. Hope to see it when it's all finished :).

    ReplyDelete